Sunday 8 September 2013

Purple and Green

Hello again! My second post for the day, and this time it's for our latest challenge over at Dream Valley Challenges, and our prize is another surprise goody box!! We would like you to use the colours Purple and Green! I will admit I was a bit bemused when I started this, as it's a combination I don't really use, but I have rather enjoyed making this card.

I have used Marianne dies to make my flowers, and kept them all the same colour, so although they are all different, they all match! I really love these flowers, as they can look as elegant or as grungy as you like, depending on what card or paper you use to make them...





What I have used:
Flowers - handmade using Marianne dies
Leaves - Magnolia DooHickeys and Joy Crafts
Sentiment - Penny Black

I would like to enter the following challenges please:
Sugar Creek Hollow - My Rose Garden
As you like it Challenge - Favourite Flowers or Trees (flowers are easy to make and always look fab!!)
Clearly iStamp - Thank You
Aud Sentiments - Any sentiment
Crafty Ribbons - Anything goes with ribbon

Thank you again for stopping by, please have a look at what the other girls have created at Dream Valley Challenges, and remember to enter the challenge!!

Love and light
Claire xx

14 comments:

Kathy D. said...

I didn't think I would use the flower dies but looking at yours makes me want some!! this is so pretty. I always forget with color challenges that you can change the portion of each color you use...I forget I can have a "touch" of something. You mastered these colors it looks wonderful.

Thanks for playing in Clearly iStamp Blog Challenge #6 - Thank you.

Kathy D.
Clearly iStamp Blog Challenge Coordinator/Clearly Digi Stamps DT

~ginny said...

An absolutely lovely, elegant card Claire! Love the writing background like a love letter. Thanks for sharing your beautiful project in the “Any Sentiment” Challenge at Aud Sentiments.
~ginny
Aud Sentiments Design Team
RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

Kim said...

gorgeous card Claire and love the flowers and leaves
Kim x

Unknown said...

This is so pretty. Love the colors and the flowers. Thanks for entering the CelarlyiStamp "Thank You" Challenge. Debbie CiSCDT

Indy's Designs said...

What a beautiful thank you card! So love those colors together! Thanks so much for sharing at Clearly iStamp!
Hugs,
Debbie

Heather said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love your flower cluster and how you let them be the focus of your card. Thanks for playing with Clearly iStamp.

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

You have made a lovely floral thank you card here. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

Laura said...

LOVE these colours together
Fabulous card
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons Challenges
Laura

Anonymous said...

Lovely card and flowers,,, Please could you add your why you have chosen those flowers for our challenge next to the link up, thanks as it makes seeing your info much easier for us

Thanks for joining in with our challenge to As You Like It, hugs Samantha : 0)

Katy said...

You rocked this color combo! This card is so elegant! Beautiful flowers! Thank you for joining us at Clearly iStamp. :) Hugs-Katy, DT

Gail said...

These flowers are lovely - I have some dies and should get back to using them - thanks for inspiration - and thank you for joining Clearly istamp - good luck in the draw! Gail DT

Kathy D. said...

Congratulations!! Check out Clearly iStamp Blog!!

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, the flowers are fantastic. Thank you for joining us at SCH this time.
Yvonne

Moz said...

A stunning card with a very challenging color combo. Beautifully made flowers and elegantly put together! Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week.
Hugz
Moz