Saturday 7 July 2012

Glad to be back…

Hello friends! It really seems like an age since I’ve been on here! I’ve had a bit of a health scare, but all sorted now, and ready and raring to go again!! We only have two weeks left at school until the Summer holidays, I really can’t wait! Six weeks of cards and crafting, decorating my craft room, spending time with my son when he comes home from uni, grabbing time when I can to spend with my daughter (I have to compete with the boyfriend!!), and starting my Christmas cards!! Yep, I said the dreaded ‘C’ word!!

I spent a lovely afternoon at Sir Stampalot today, watching a demo by the very talented Chris! I met some very talented ladies whose blogs I follow, so all in all a really good day – the wallet was a bit lighter when I came home, but I learnt some lovely techniques which I am very eager to try!! Roll on the Summer!

My card today is a birthday card for someone who is very special to me, far away in South Africa. So far away in fact, that this is the second card that I have made as the first didn’t quite make it to her thanks to the wonderful postal system, or lack of!! Jeanette has always been very complimentary about my cards, and I feel quite cross that her birthday card didn’t get to her, so I have remade it and will post it on Monday, and fingers crossed it will get to her this time! I hope she had a wonderful birthday in the meantime!

Jeanette

What I have used:
Papers – The Paper Loft ‘For the Record’ Heirloom and Diary
Spellbinders – Labels One, Rose Creations, Foliage, Classic Edges Two and Classic Decorative Inserts Two
Sentiment – Lili of the Valley
Marianne die – birdcage
Butterfly punch
Distress ink – Frayed burlap
Hobby House Embellishments – Bird cage with Hearts

I would like to enter the following challenges please:

Chocolate, Coffee and Cards – Challenge 16 Anything Goes
Art Impressions Stamps – Challenge 70 Metal Accent
Lili's Little Fairies – Anything goes
Cupcake Craftroom – July Challenge Layers
Fussy and Fancy - Challenge 66 Fancy Folds

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
See you soon!

Love and light
Claire xx

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Claire, love the fold and gorgeous soft colours..
Thanks for joining in with us at Fussy and Fancy.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Stamper Gyrl said...

Love your metal accent birdcage!
Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions this week!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

hi Claire,WOW, THIS IS GORGEOUS.
so pleased you enjoyed your day.
hopefully see you in august.
hugs Chris xx

Unknown said...

This is just amazing. I love the color choice.
We would like to thank you for Entering Chocolate, Coffee, & Cards Challenge.
Hugs from Tammy Ortiz - DT Digi Team for Chocolate, Coffee & Cards.

mandy said...

such a lovely card, very ornate layers.

it's really lovely to see you over in the cupcake craftroom! thanks for joining us

Mandy :)

Theresa said...

Lovely card. I love the bird cage. So sweet. Thanks for joining us this month at the Cupcake Craftroom.