Tuesday 26 November 2013

Top Tip at Try Stampin'!!

Hello Everyone! Well, I've had a disastrous couple of weeks, but hopefully back on an even keel now! For my first foray back into blogging, I have cheated a bit and combined two of my DT projects into one!

Over at Top Tip on Tuesday we had to use kraft card on our projects, and my tip for using kraft card is don't be afraid to change the colour of your kraft card - I have used Glimmer Mist to add interest!

At Try Stampin' on Tuesday we had to create a Christmas Tag and provide a tutorial on how we made it! I hope this makes sense!!


Cut out your tag to the required size. I have spritzed it with red Glimmer mist, and then stitched around the edge. If you don't like sewing on your projects you could also use a white gel pen to draw faux stitches around the edge...


...Stamp your sentiment across the front of the tag and emboss with white embossing powder...


...Cut and emboss the poinsettia and leaf...



...Use a bone folder to shape the flower petals and leaf...


...I have used Diamond Dust on the edges of the tag and the poinsettia and leaf (I brushed the edges with tacky glue first)...



...Assemble the poinsettia with a brad and attach the poinsettia and leaf to the tag with the brad. Stick another tag the same size onto the back of your tag to cover the brad and the stitching. Punch a hole in the top of the tag and tie a ribbon through...



Thank you for stopping by, and don't forget to enter our fab challenges!

Love and light
Claire xx

7 comments:

Gerda said...

What a beautiful tag! I love it! Have a wonderful day.
Gerda

Crafty Judith said...

Gorgeous and great tutorial x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous hunny great to see your tutorial too! hugs me xx

Tania said...

Gorgeous. Love the tutorial - you make it seem really do-able.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab tag hun, love the poinsettia & diamond sparkle!
Hugs Shell xx

OttawaMom said...

Beautiful poinsettia tag. I love the addition of the faux snow - thanks for the tutorial!

Unknown said...

Love the vintage feel of your tag :) Thanks so much for sharing, sure wish I had that die!!!