Wednesday 9 October 2013

Baby Shower

Hello Everyone! Hump day again - yay!! The weather is turning though, so it will be cold by the weekend, which means hot chocolate and marshmallows will be on the shopping list!,

My card today is for our nephew's partner Katie for their baby shower at the weekend. I really hope I will be well enough to go, fingers crossed!!

I have kept the card simple and white, as this will be the last time for a while that she gets something just for her that isn't blue!! I have used three different embossing folders to give the card a bit of interest, as well as distressing and sewing the edges! My embossing folders don't often get used, so thought it was time to dust them off...





What I have used:
Sentiment - Lili of the Valley
Lacey edge - Martha Stewart border punch
Various embossing folders
Lace - Hobby House

I would like to enter the following challenges please:
Mojo Monday - Sketch 314 Contest
Shopping our Stash - Embossing times 2
Try it on Tuesday - Textures
Oldie but goodie - Bingo (Lace, punches, embossing - embossing folders)

Thank you for stopping by, hope to see you again soon!

Love and light
Claire xx

6 comments:

Meggymay said...

A beautiful Baby card, the textures and quote are super. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's this time.
Yvonne

Glimpses of My Heart said...

WOW! Love this!! White on white....great idea! And the different embossing folders with lace! Perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash this week!
Blessings,
Michelle

mixamatoasties said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Thanks for sharing at That Craft Place this time.

Susan x

My name is Cindy said...

This is just great! This is one of my favourite 'baby' quotes but I haven't seen that stamp/typography before - very funky! I think we are all guilty of not getting out our embossing folders but they work really well for white on white and certainly add loads of texture. Love the stitchy details too. Hope you got to the shower. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday, Cindy

Laurart said...

Beautiful card and what gorgeous quotes! Thanks so much for joining us at TioT Love from Laura xxxx

SandeeNC said...

Love this! Great texture use on an all white card! Thanks for playing along with us over at TIOT Texture challenge! I have a mixed media give away on my blog, if you are interested :) http://inthehillsofnorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2013/10/frosted-designs-mixed-media-kitand.html